IMPORTANT MESSAGE REGARDING OPENING PROCEDURES. PLEASE READ:
I know lots of you are waiting patiently to find out when we can reopen. I have been informed, that we, as Bridal Wear retailers, may fall into the phase2 / phase3 category. This has a staged reopening date of 15th June/4th July.
We’re excited to work towards opening around these dates, but we must stress that this may change due to the current R rate, we won’t know until closer to the time. We will of course follow the government guidelines with regards to reopening.
There are so many things we have to do to be ready to reopen and I know you’ll have questions, so hopefully I can answer some below.
- We will be operating on a strictly appointment only basis during this time. Please do not be offended if you pop in on the ‘off chance’ and we are unable to see you.
- We will be maintaining a 2m distance with all brides wherever possible, although of course we will have to breach this when fastening dresses. The government suggests face coverings in shops when the 2m distance can not be maintained, so we will ask all brides and guests to wear face coverings to your appointment. There will be an opportunity to remove face coverings when staff and guests are 2m away.
- We will be allowing a maximum of ONE guest. We would ask that your guest is in accordance with the government guidelines at the time of your appointment. At the time of writing this would need to be a person from your household. We appreciate that this could change many times over the next few weeks. We can not budge on this one guest policy and should you turn up with more they will not be admitted. We will however assess our numbers should government advice change.
- If you have a dress that’s ready to be collected or we have been holding for you, please call us we will book you a mini slot (for after the 15th June) to pay and/or collect your dress.
- We would kindly ask that you allow the consultant to handle the wedding gowns for you. This is to maximise the cleanliness of dresses that are tried on.
- At present we are awaiting advice on how to handle tried on wedding gowns. We will update you further on how we intend to keep you safe. We hope that steaming at high temperatures after each appointment will be sufficient, but we will update our procedures as we know more.
- Our Dressing room be cleaned and sanitised after each and every appointment to minimise cross contamination.
- Our staff will only attend work if they feel well and healthy and are not showing any symptoms.
- We are happy to welcome your friends and family to the appointment virtually, via Whats app, Facebook messenger, zoom or other party apps.
- We are unable to offer refreshments at this time.
- Hand sanitiser stations are throughout the store please use them on arrival and during your appointment.
- Our bathroom facilities will be closed to customers during the Covid 19 outbreak. Guidelines state that they have to be sanitised after each use and we simply won’t have the time to ensure this will happen and I feel it will be putting the staff at unnecessary risk, so please use your own facilities before your appointment.
In return we ask this of you :
- Please only attend your appointment if you are well, not showing any symptoms and are not in contact with anyone showing symptoms such as (but not limited to) a temperature, new continuous cough, loss of taste or smell.
- Please adhere to the current government guidelines when choosing your one guest. These will change depending on when your appointment is. So check for the most recent rules.
- Please bring with you a face covering for when we cannot maintain the appropriate social distance (your guest too)
- Please respect our in store rules. They’re in place to keep us and you all safe.
- Get your important ladies ready to be part of your appointment virtually – via apps
Most of all we want you to enjoy your bridal experience. There will be an opportunity to see yourself mask free, our staff will leave the viewing area to enable you to do this.
So, we will soon be taking appointments once we have a confirmed date from the government.
I hope I haven’t scared you off with this list but we really have got quite extensive guidance from the government in preparation for opening.
We have to adhere to it or be faced with not being able to open at all.